Monday, November 7, 2011

BOXES by Liz Sanchez



We at d. brand are lovers and supporters of all forms of art and self expression. A good friend of ours Liz Sanchez just chatted with us about a new project she is putting together, simply titled BOXES.

Liz Explains, "BOXES is an avant-garde live show that lifts the lid off society's stereotypes. Far from the traditional play or musical, this project showcases my original music as a vocalist/ singer-songwriter , along with dance and bold visuals. It's an abstract show about E (played by myself), and her struggle to escape the boxes, and her need to master them. Through E's four alter ego's; Song, Mute, Riddle and Word I explore the ways we deal with different boxes and consequences."

d. brand:: "So what made you want to put the show together?"

Liz:: "Well growing up, I was growing into a performer and found myself being expected to fit into
           a specific mold.. I don't ever want to be a traditional artist. It's not who I am."

d. brand:: "Put the idea of BOXES into a few sentences."

Liz:: "I needed to create something cohesive, with a bigger theme and songs inspired by movement. I
          wanted to envision the choreography, the visuals, the message and the music at the same time.
          Ultimately I want my ideas to spark something."

d. brand:: "So how can people get involved in BOXES?"

Liz:: "We are still in the stages of putting together the show, and at the moment we are raising money
           to shoot a short film for BOXES to get into theaters. We absolutely encourage anyone who
           understands what we are trying to put together as well as anyone who supports the arts to
           donate to the cause.. we will take anything, and I mean anything!"

d. brand:: "How can people donate?"

Liz:: " Easy, go to BOXES and donate!"

d. brand:: "We must say we love this idea, best of luck to you and the whole production!"

Liz:: "Thank you so much.. you have to come see the show, it's going to be epic!"





No comments:

Post a Comment